20070126

While i was having supper a.k.a dinner(joash's alternate timing) with juin haw,jared and pay lun; I came to the knowledge courtesy of pay lun that my secondary school friend, Hui Guan has passed away last week due to cancer...Pay lun got to noe of the news through another former school mate whom he bumped into recently.

Hello? that guy's only 19 going on 20. My age. Cancer?. I'm shocked to say the least. Hui Guan was my class mate for only a year (during form 1). He's good at basketball and is quite good at 3 pointers. He and a few of us were quite good friends during form 1 and we always sat at the back. In the years ahead, i kinda lost contact with him as we moved to different classes after form 1. The very occasional nod was the only greeting we gave each other. After form 5 and spm, he disappeared from my life.

It just shows how fragile human life is. NOBODY is life-proofed. Life. How deep that word is. This just shows me that life is to be enjoyed everyday. No matter how beat up my day will be, i'm gonna make the best out of it and thank God for giving me the life i'm livin'. Oh Yeah.
I'm gonna cherish and appreciate my life even more so now.

I just regretted that i couldn't go to the funeral. I wasn't even aware of his passing. Another lesson. Friendship is to be cherished. Don't take it for granted. You just never know. There are a lot of times when i did just that. Taking my friends for granted. It's like a wake-up call.

Hui Guan, R.I.P dude....

No comments: