So I happened to stumble upon ROTTW's Soundstage08 at central market.
One thing I learned : GUITARS VOLUME DOWN MAN! YOU'RE KILLING THE POOR VOCALIST. (Not that I was able to hear what they were screaming and mumbling about anyway)
This band sounded pretty decent. They had a name that sounded like revolution. The lead shouted their myspace too fast la.
Rock Chic(k). And we all love that drummer right? I'm digging that decal on the guitar. A little morbid perhaps, but it sets its colour nicely against white.
Then I realised it was 3.48.
Bus arrives in 12.
Dang. Just when I was enjoying myself.
*Runs all the way back to pudu*
So I happened to stumble upon ROTTW's Soundstage08 at central market.
Circles aptly depicts the trip.
But a slope was the pinnacle eh guys? :)
At least I got my red Strat serviced. HAH! And this (!) :
Go get this. For Mayer fans, you're in for a treat to see 3 full sets. An acoustic, with the Trio and finally the band.
If I'm not mistaken, it's more than 3 hours of blues riffs, guitars (many), backstage passes and John being his usual reflecting self.
There's always a vibe when John plays and I admit, my eyes were on the fretboard more often than not.
And sparking a revival of some sort for me to learn (and relearn) some of his songs. Tough nuts.
As most of you would probably know, the Passion World Tour is coming to our shores very very soon! Latest update is that passes are sold out but there's still a slight chance of obtaining it if somebody backs out.
Here's some additional info for those who are making it.
August 3rd 2008
Sunway Convention Center Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1. YOU MUST BRING YOUR RECEIPT in exchange for your pass(es). Passes will be picked up the day of the event between 10 AM and 5 PM at the Sunway Convention Center. If your ticket is not picked up by 5 PM, then your ticket will be forfeited.
All seating is on a first come first serve basis and all passes are general admission.
2. If you are a "bill me later" registrar, be sure to print that registration and bring it to "will call" at the event. The cost is still 20 RM in exchange for the wristband and entrance into the event.
NOTE: If you don't want to stand in line the day of the event, Passes may also be picked up Wednesday - Saturday, July 30 - August 2nd at the Sunway Pyramid Tower in the Hotel Lobby between 10 AM and 7 PM. Just look for the "will call" table.
For more info, click here.
That's all! Hope to see some familiar faces there! In the meantime, keep this event in prayer. It's going to be huge and let's pray for lives to be transformed and challenged.
Drop me a msg if you'll be there. :)
Ok, Im probably the last delirious fan on earth who is posting this on his blog.
The End of an Era……Sunday 6th July 2008
We would like to address all our fans, our friends and people around the world who have faithfully supported Delirious?
After 14 albums, thousands of shows in front of millions of people, and many extraordinary memories, we have decided that at the end of 2009 we will take a break from recording and playing as a band.
Our decision was triggered by a request from Martin to be released from the band to pursue new projects including his work with CompassionArt and the desire to be at home more with Anna and his children. We have of course honoured this request and made a decision together that now is the time to end this chapter of our lives.
We will continue to play and be excited about our current tours and bookings but will not be adding many more over the coming 17 months..
We are all so deeply grateful to our incredible fans who have sung the songs and allowed Delirious? the privilege of providing the soundtrack to many lives over the years. From the school hall in Littlehampton to the stadiums of the world we have many stories to tell our children’s children. Delirious also would not be what it is without our amazing wives and families, and our gratitude to them is immense. We will now move forward to the next part of our lives where new challenges unfold and greater stories will be written.
We want to make it absolutely clear that although this decision has been extremely painful and difficult, we are still great friends and our respect for each other is unquestionable. We love playing in this band together and know that even though 2009 will bring an end to this current journey, there will be more adventures together in years to come.
We always used to say that we were ‘taking it wherever it goes’. The music ended up going further and deeper than we could ever have dreamed, yet we are now at a point where our creative futures will spread out and take on different journeys.
Thanks again for believing in us through all these years. We believe the best is yet to come.
Jon, Martin, Paul, Stu G and Tim
Its been a great ride and Im only thankful and grateful to be able to see them live the once they were in Malaysia. And it was THAT show that got me into them.
One final hurrah in Malaysia or Singapore perhaps? Pretty please?
TAG No. 1
List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
1. My childhood dream was to play footie for ManUtd. (Still is btw)
2. I took drumn lessons when I was 5. Then grew bored of it. I was five what. my drum playing ability now hinges on
the borderline of decency.
3. I have an orange dirt bike with a green helmet. And they say it doesn't match.
4. I wanted to built the eiffel tower, but someone beat me to it.
5. Ok i admit. I was a fan of becks and his freekicks, passes before the whole craze kicked in.
6. I USED to watch Malaysian footie. My favourite team is Johor FC.
7. Me and a friend would compete with each other to see who would score lower for our add maths tests. It was a close race.
8. I'm a Sri Muarian through and through. Sorry HSM, 2 years would never ever replace 5 years of fun, edginess and friendship.
I have nothing personal against HSM mind you.
TAG No. 2
8 things I am passionate about:
4. Trying to play good guitar.
5. Figuring the facts of life out. And forgetting to write it down.
7. The beach
8. Daniela Hantuchova.
8 things I say too often:
7. stupid ass
8 books I’ve read recently:
1. Blind Prophet by Bart Davis
2. In The Hot Zone by Kevin Sites
3. Eating By Peter Singer and Jim Mason
8 songs I could listen to over and over again FOR THE MOMENT
1. Little Wing. SRV.
2. Who did you think I was. John Mayer.
3. Fly like a bird. Mariah Carey.
4. Make it last forever. Keith Sweat.
5. Manhattan. Eric Johnson.
6. Goodbye to you. Michelle Branch.
7. Na Veia. Gustavo Guerra
8. Crimsom Epiphany. New album out. Go get it!
Would you go out with you? State the reasons why you would, and why you wouldn't, and then come to a conclusion at the end.
Of course I would. They say the only person you should ever compete with is yourself. You can't hope for a fairer match. So why not?
The changing of the guard?
Underwear tugging Rafael Nadal has ended the incredible 5 year reign of Roger Federer over at the sunny plains of Wimbledon.
For me, this is probably one of the best matches I've seen so far barring the 2 rain delays (Which we probably needed to catch our breaths).
Again, some pictures to sum it all up. Courtesy of Wimbledon.
The shot that Fed should have used more. The backhand slice. His usually reliant backhand wasn't working in the final.
Rain on Henman Hill. The bane of Wimbledon. Thank God they're building a roof for centre court next year.
Watch a Nadal match and this will be a very familiar sight. He does this in between almost every point.
But this man deserved it too. After 2 failed Wimbledon finals, it's third time lucky for the spaniard.
The final point with the presentation ceremony.
I haven't been doing this in a while. Here's for kicks.
1. Have you been trying to avoid something or someone?
That chinese restaurant over at my apartment.
2. Where will you go if someone sponsors you a tour ticket?
3. Whats your favourite thing to do?
Tennis. Music. That's 2.
4. Do you think money can buy happiness?
Works for donald trump i guess.
5. If you can have one dream to come true, what would it be?
Performing live with my band in wembley. Full crowd. Not empty stadium la.
6. Do you believe u will survive without money?
Yeah. God provides.
7. What are you afraid to lose the most?
The people i love and cherish
8. If you win $1million, what would u do?
Put it into mutual fund.
9. What is the most recent embarrasing thing you have done?
10. When did you last hug someone? and who was it?
Dunno la. Forgot. Last I remembered is Ken on his birthday. I was tipsy okkayyy.
And he's the bday boy what.
11. Write down 1 bad point of the person who tagged you.
Rach, what should i write?
12. What do you think you'll be doing in 10 yrs time?
That's 30 years old for me. Probably globe trotting doing my job. Whatever it is.
13. Would you date someone who's at least 10 yrs older or younger?
14. What is your ambition?
"Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” Bill Bradley.
15. Do you believe in Love in First Sight?
16. What do you think is the most important thing in your life?
God. I'm trying.
17. latest craze?
18. If you have a chance, which part of your character do you like to change?
I'm happy the way i am. maybe a little taller.
19. Boys are stupid. Do you agree and why?
20. Maggi goreng or bee hoon goreng?
Lately, bee hoon goreng.
THATS WHAT THE BOTTLE SAYS! Instructions: Remove 1 question from above, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions.