20071005

Ok, this post is in behalf of those who are curious of the wounds on my right palm and leg. As many of you expect (or suspect), I in fact WAS involved in an accident.

For any of you who's interested in reviving it, here's a recap. Sorry no pictures, not that I remembered to take any anyway.heh.

As shown on my ugly fugly drawings, the black worm thing represents me on my scrambler. The red lines shows my trail. The lime green worm is the guy who knocked me with his wira and the blue lines represents his.....yup, you guess it, trail.

So I left Ridz around 8 plus at night wanting to withdraw money from Taylor's teller machine. But turns out, oh joy, it isn't in service. So, naturally, the next best thing for me was to head to bandar sunway's maybank to withdraw.

Everything was going smoothly for yours truly until I begun travelling on the NPE. I was doing between 40-50 kmH. Nothing more than that and i'm pretty sure of it because my tyre pressure was running low and I didn't want to aggravate it's condition by speeding. All's still well until I spotted a U-turn on my right hand side. Thinking it was for me to take, I signalled to my right and began slowing down. It was only when I was parallel to it when I realised that it was in fact for the opposite side's traffic! (Heck, I didn't know they closed ours down due to the major road renovations). It was during that spilt second when.......Ahh, now the purple colour comes into play. =P

So, Joash was flung from his bike unto the dusty, hard concrite Malaysian road. And I must tell you this : IT.IS.A.MIRACLE that I suffered so minor injuries. That car was going at quite a high speed. (The guy will protest that, but I'll come to it later on). In a split second, from being on a bike, I found myself sitting on the dirt floor.

Ok, I'll paused here. Who do you think was in the wrong? Give your 2 sens worth.

So the dude comes running back to me and to his credit, asked my condition, helped to start my bike again etc etc. But he was sure that I was in the wrong because it is the left side of his car that's dented not the right. Hmmmm....being rather dazed, I just bluntly took it all in. He told me to go to caltex to settle it as he had a meeting with a client there (In fact, one of the first things he did after knocking me down was to tell me that he was running late and then promptly called his client to notify him of the delay. So, you can see where his mind was and hence me believing he was speeding). After picking up some bits and pieces of my bike and managing to start it again, we or rather him decided to settle it in caltex.

To cut a long story short, I managed to contact uncle and got him to talked with the guy. And I think uncle and the guy had a miscommunication on the phone because when the guy returned the mobile to me, uncle told me that the guy has agreed not to sette anything with me as I was still a student. But the moment I ended the call, the guy said

"So how are we gonna settle this? I don't mind going to the station but it all depends on you"

So I told him that I'll give it a thought and I'll contact him the next day. He agreed and we exchanged our particulars and parted as gentlemen. Throughout this, he was being friendly and thoughtful. He even told me to, "Go home, have a good rest, discuss with your parents and uncle on your next course of action and let me know tomorrow."

Fair enough. That was wednesday night. The day before my democracy presentation.

I'll continue part 2 in the next post. ;P

Dang. My clothes are still in the washer machine.

Ciao.

6 comments:

jcjessjessiejessica said...

sounds very bad... how's ur bike? i mean you. no, ur bike.

Anonymous said...

So serious!!! take care arr
U r reli veli veli x10000000 lucky.
Fly like tat oni gt minor injuries.
Dun even noe if din read ur blog.

Joash Wee said...

overall, my bike's fine jess...had it serviced. But still having a few minor issues with it...Now the horn doesn't work...bah!

jcjessjessiejessica said...

i didn't know you're so fortunate to have a toy(bike) here. FORTUNATE! well, you need to get it fixed. because you have to honk if you're a malaysian. XD. take good care of ur bike. XP

jasmine said...

joash, be more careful on the road
esp. u r riding bike
if driving a car, it will be safer( i assume)
take care

Joash Wee said...

thanks a lot J and J! (Jess and Jasmine) =P