20080204

The Laksa Girl

Soooo.....CNY is just round the corner, and it's hard not to get into the last-minute-late-rush shopping. Went to Wetex today, hoping to snatch up whatever decent clothes that's still 
available. Unfortunately, to my horror and dismay, most of the clothes on sale had those bloody irritating designs on it. It's tough for me to describe it offhandedly, but trust me, it looks horrific. Especially those shirts that has chains to go along with it. Maybe I should take a picture of some of the aggravating designs. Jadi, only managed to get a RBK quarter beach pants. It's been some time since I bought any sporting apparels.

But then again, I guess my fashion scope is stubbornly limited to JEANS. Especially skinny jeans. Absolute delight. I always feel my best in 
jeans with a shirt. Simple, no? Maybe I need someone to be my fashion adviser la. Spruce me up a bit.

Anyway, the Lingam case is getting interesting, and with Mr. Malek's memorial just over, I guess questions are being raised from the public about the 
integrity and morality of the judiciary system today. Corruption is a very familiar word. Anyone remember the name Altantuya? Anyone? What in the world has happen to that case? Bloody hell man. Where the heck is the justice in this 'peaceful' country? C'mon la, just because a minister is involved in it, that doesn't mean you have to tread like cats on hot bricks right? Since the day I handed in my assignment report on the Altantuya case around 4 months ago, this case just hasn't made any significant progress at all. Do the Malaysian justice system dare to do what's right instead of succumbing to pressure? I say we keep that case for the front pages instead of otherwise.

Is there a need for a change in the political arena? I think so. Man, I guess that's one of the sole limelights of turning 21, besides getting old, is the ability to vote and hopefully being able to be part of the making of a difference for a betterment of Malaysia.

So, I guess it's apt if I end with a few quotes in memory of the late Court of Appeal President Tan Sri Abdul Malek Ahmad.

"It was certainly difficult to always do the right thing and Malek paid a professional price with his uncompromising stand on integrity."

"He (Malek) was the Chief Justice that this fair country should have had but never did."


Let's hope for a better Malaysia instead of the one we have now, shrouded with jealousy, greed and corruption.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So there will be a Dato Sri Joash wee ??? haha

Joash Wee said...

Tun la. sounds cuter and quirkier.