20080307

D-Day

So, after major hu has and what nots, the elections for the oh so democratic Malaysia will be making its run again.

I kinda regret for not going to any of the ceramahs here in Subang. Seemed very happening and all la. Nevermind, in the next 5 years if I'm still in our beloved tanah air, I'll definitely be following it all closely.

For this election, there isn't much of a difference that I can make. Other than prayer that the sickening corruption will end, the right to vote isn't in my court as yet. I just pray and hope that whichever ruling party it may be, that the most important thing on their mind is the rakyat, the community. Putting the welfare ahead any other matters. Not some shitty millions wasted to send an angkasawan into space and where does it all come to? An achivement yes, but an achivement worth for the masses? Now that's something to chew about.

But to be bloody honest with all (and this is just my personal view begging your pardon), BN will still win the majority tomorrow. There isn't much to argue about that. I'm realistic. I know that change doesn't happen that easily and at such a short time. I just hope that the right individuals, people with the guts to face up to the issues that our country is neck-choked with and having the fortitude to deal with it instead
of  just giving insistent empty promises. But from what I observed, from the 5 years since the last election, the people are now more passionate in what they believe in. More are coming forward to voice out their dissatisfaction. Imagine this scenario 5 years ago. Hard to visualize then right?

"Eh, ISA la"

"SENSITIVE issue"

Such is my low sentiment towards the goverment, that I have this feeling that they will even venture out to play their little game of subverting even before the voting gets underway. I just can't help wondering about those who are voting overseas. What about the period of the votes reaching here and it actually being released? WHO'S IN CHARGE? In any case, these votes may be the difference between justice and its antonym.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the day when a party will be founded that truly has the rakyat as its primary focal point. Fighting for the rights of the citizens just as our forefathers 
did to steer
Malaysia to gaining its independence. Let's not ruin what they have poured their blood and sweat into.

LET'S NOT FORGET WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING FOR.

Happy voting!

No comments: