20080827

Pictures And What Nots

Could I do any less Father? After all that has taken place. I pray that You grab hold of me and steer me through. This is my desire, my cry.

Anyway, I'm going to cramp this post with all the pictures I took this past few weeks but couldn't (or didn't) post.

So a few weeks ago, me and Sean were clearing out some stuff from our room left by former occupants. And he found this:

3000 Iran Rial. Wah, macam boleh beli my Behringers already. So I hit up the currency exchange.

Ok, forget it.

Jacob, my Iranian housemate's sister Fatemah (typo), came over to Malaysia to spend her holidays and she was a pretty good cook.

Absolutely amazing Iranian dish. Fatemah and Jacob shared how the Iranian method of cooking rice is so much more different than how we do it here. For them, cooking rice alone is like part of their culture and they take great pride in it. Unlike us who just dumped it into the cooker and it turns out all gooey and sticky.

Making the above dish includes many processes which I can't remember all now but it involves mixing pre-prepared rice with tomato puree, meat, vegetables etc. And leaving everything to boil under a slow fire with a cloth wrapped over the pot's lid (apparently that's one of their methods for a great dish).

Some pictures I took while on the way to Kuantan last week where we had a little family gathering cause Jie is back from Nottingham for the hols! (=

Alternative look to Petaling Street.

It was pouring while travelling in the bus. In fact, it was so bad that I saw signboards twisted and trees blown to the ground as a result of the sheer rage of the thunderstorm. I had nothing to do in the bus, so I saja saja main la with the camera.

Just as lightning was sparking up the sky.

Spot the camera.

And today, I was around ss15 having dinner with CFers.

The things they think of to sell their wares. 

Wah. I call this direct support line.

That's about it I guess.

Now for some proper sleep! I'm having flu. Argh.. Though it's much better now, thank God.

Nitey!

No comments: