20080815

Recap

I guess all of you have heard or seen videos of the infamous fire over at my campus, so i'll not mentioned it anymore here. I was sure that the CF's 1st anniversary was going to be cancelled. So me and dean were at the security centre cracking jokes about ceramahs and what nots. And apparently half the population over at LCS are bloggers la, judging by the amount of cameras, handsets raised throughout the evacuation.

We came out from class and found the staff lined up neatly against the wall. Talk about uniformity.

Finally found Benny and the CF gang at the front of Kurnia and he said that the celebration would be cancelled if we were not allowed back into coll in 30 minutes. But lo and behold, at precisely 5pm (yes, I saw the time), they allowed us back it! Now is that a miracle or what? Now here comes the tricky part, biking back to ridz, lugging my guitar, keyboard and stand to the awaiting dean downstairs, and rushing back to campus.

By the time I reached, I had barely enough time to set everything out and change before the celebration began. So much for having a soundcheck. heh.

All in all, the celebration went pretty well, lots of laughs, fun and a short but timely message from Florence all the way from UPM's CF. 

Do visit our CF's blog for more updates and highlights of the celebration (Coming soon).

By night, I hopped along with Joe and Cassie to Putrajaya to witness fireworks by the Malaysian team. It seems to be some annual competition in conjunction with the Merdeka celebrations with teams all around the world participating. 

The below 2 pics are grabbed from Cassie's blog.

John, Joe, me looking out of sorts in my oversize CF shirt, Stephanie, Lydia and Aaron.

The 2 Sony alpha users setting up while me and Joe had Mackers.

With 2 DSLRs and Cassie's digital camera, I was feeling real out of sorts with my 2 mp phone camera. Me mere mortal am not worthy to be in their holistic presence.

Below are some chosen shots of the night.

I'm surprised by some (note: some) of the pictures clarity. Don't compare to the higher end cameras la. By 2 mp standards I daresay it looks pretty good.

Probably my favourite. Love the way the crowd is silhouetted against the burst of flare.

No comments: