20081119

Wedding Bells

Again, some not so clear pictures. The majority of the dinner pictures are with my dad's camera, so I may upload them if I can get my hands on them.


Waiting for the arrival of the bride. The groom, Daniel is on the far right with his best man by his side. 

The bride arrives. Aleena looks pretty in her gown. :)






Lighting of the unity candle.

Presentation of the bride and groom. On the left is Ps Daniel Kumar, the officiating minister. And he can sing in Hokkien. 

My 3 lovely sisters. :) Taken before the dinner at Eastin.

Again. not clear. This one using my handset camera to zoom way in.


My song presentation to the newlyweds. Song 'We Will Dance' taken from the legendary Steven Curtis Chapman. I went through his entire discography and finally settled on this one.

I've watched the sunrise in your eyes 
And I've seen the tears fall like the rain 
You've seen me fight so brave and strong 
You've held my hand when I'm afraid 

We've watched the seasons come and go 
We'll see them come and go again 
But in winter's chill, or summer's breeze 
One thing will not be changin' 

CHORUS: 
We will dance 
When the sun is shining 
In the pouring rain 
We'll spin and we'll sway 
And we will dance 
When the gentle breeze 
Becomes a hurricane 
The music will play 
And I'll take your hand 
And hold you close to me 
And we will dance 

Sometimes it's hard to hold you tight 
Sometimes we feel so far apart 
Sometimes we dance as one 
And feel the beating of each others hearts 

Some days the dance is slow and sweet 
Some days we're bouncing off the walls 
No matter how this world may turn 
Our love will keep us from fallin' 

CHORUS 

The music will play 
And I'll hold you close 
And I won't let you go 
Even when our steps 
Grow weak and slow 
Still I'll take your hand 
And hold you close to me 
And we, will dance

Many commented that I wasn't looking at the crowd. One area which I know I have to improve. Hence you can see me closing my eyes . One reason is to avoid the aforementioned and another is to feel the music. You guys understand what I'm saying right? :p

So, like that lah. Will post pictures of the dinner if I can grab hold of it.

Congrats to Daniel and my cousin Aleena!

May God guide and bless you two in this wonderful marriage. 

6 comments:

Cassie said...

so cuteee.....

i mean the bears.

Joash Wee said...

i know...i know... ;)

Anonymous said...

your sisters are pretty jo :)

xnjoy said...

eh the picture with the 4 of you is very nice, send to me! where was Josiah?

Joash Wee said...

thanks cindy!

jie: josiah was busy playing computer games and he didn't wear anything deemed photogenic. LOL.

aLLyWee@tHehIpDOC.com said...

Hello cousin!
You were awesome that day! The only annoying thing was that my veil was constantly in the way of the video! haha.
We were so honoured to have you sing for us, one of the best wedding gift :D
Think you could release the video for me to put up on my long abandoned blog? If its copyright I understand yo!
Take care Joash. Pray that all is well.

Aleena