20080213

Ryan, Chris, Kevin And The Keys


Finally!

Met Uncle Venu, Aunty Sze and the boys after soooo long. I figure it's been nearly 4 years since i last met them. But the 3 guys look rather the same since I last met them, to be honest. It's just a shame Man City had to beat us on that day though, hardly good news for the 5 Man Utd fans in the house.

It's just a pity they could only stay for a night though, it would've been great if they could have stayed just a lil longer. Then we'll be hearing more of their jokes and Ryan could teach me the piano! He's a great pianist.

But thankfully, I'm picking that up! The piano part i mean. I mean, knowing the guitar definitely helps me. So now at least I could learn by myself without bugging people. Ahh, I especially love the sound of the piano during altar calls. There is Absolutely Positively no other instrument in the world that's as soothing and 'emotional' (if you know what I mean) as the piano. Even the guitar! Haha. And that's the primary reason I'm picking it up. One personal ambition (not so personal now i guess!) is to play the piano during P&W (Praise and Worship).

And! I have a liking to R&B voicings on the piano. Sounds great compared with just the normal 1-3-5 voicing. For an example, listen to any of John Legend's playing. Awesome stuff there.

Anyway, This is a pretty slow moving post so I'll just end with 2 videos from YouTube. Both is from the same guy and He worships by playing the piano. Do watch it. Just imagine it's altar call and this music is being played. Hah. Sweet stuff.

Cheers.

No comments: